Sunday, February 13, 2011

come sing my song

so i had an idea...i know that this is my first blog and im kind of an unknown but that doesn't mean that this isn't a million dollar idea. over the past three years my life has changed dramatically in good ways and bad ways and i like to let people know how i feel, in good ways and bad ways. haha anyway i decided since this is kind of a sensitive subject with me i chose to write about it because its hard for me to talk about it. i have no singing talent so i wrote some lyrics but i am looking for somebody who has a good voice and maybe some note arrangement experience. im going to post the lyrics in which is the first part of three songs that chronicles the last few years of my life in which i went from a care free teen to being a father and the emotions that i felt. let me know what you all think, thanks.


DREAM COME TRUE
Living in the fast lane not a care in this world
everything planned out just a twenty one year old
my life just beginning, feeling invincible and proud
impossible to predict how I would soon spiral down
Unfit to raise a life, not man enough to right my wrong
I go about my business, this deep dark secret all along
Every man leads one life, I felt fortunate to lead two
In one life thinking I was a king, and in the other the prince is due
I know I must be dreaming just look at how life has changed
In a deep sleep and everything’s suddenly rearranged
Before my worlds collide and my two lives finally meet
Please someone wake me up how long have I been asleep?

ive been asleep to long, im in a daze, feeling completely empty inside
This cant be happening, this cant be my life, im drained from living this lie
Looking to the future now, its inevitable my two worlds collide
And ill say hello to consequence and to normalcy ill say goodbye.
But still not yet, not now as I prolong it week by week
As my baby’s getting older now, in months he will be three
Every day is worse now as I start to feel the heat
I cant remember if a minute ive slept, and its impossible to eat
I cant take this anymore, its either change my ways or die
Time to grow up, be responsible, and meet my son for the first time
So now im screaming from the top of my lungs, before I take this giant leap
This is the last chance, please someone wake me from this sleep

Ill never forget that glorious day in may, I held the most precious thing
instantly falling in love with him, indescribable the feeling
right away my eyes welled up, he looked up at me as if to say
your here now please don’t cry dad I forgive you for being away
my bundle of joy just three months old I knew he would be the one
to change the man he’ll call his dad, undeserving of this beautiful son
In my life ive made empty promises, but looking down in my baby’s eyes
I made a vow I would always be there for him and there would be no more lies
I told him When he fell I would catch him if he cried I would hold him tight
I said he would never be afraid I would protect him with all my might
There wouldn’t be a day that goes by where I didn’t say ‘I love you’
or thank god for not waking me up unless this is a dream come true

No comments:

Post a Comment